2 : an illusion or fabrication of the mind; especially : an unrealizable dream (a fancy, a chimera in my brain, troubles me in my prayer — John Donne)
3 : an individual, organ, or part consisting of tissues of diverse genetic constitution
1.a. An organism, organ, or part consisting of two or more tissues of different genetic composition, produced as a result of organ transplant, grafting, or genetic engineering.
b. A substance, such as an antibody, created from the proteins or genes of two different species.
2. An individual who has received a transplant of genetically and immunologically different tissue.
3. A fanciful mental illusion or fabrication.
4. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Genetics) Biology an organism, esp a cultivated plant, consisting of at least two genetically different kinds of tissue as a result of mutation, grafting, etc.
Before we go on we need a couple more definitions
Definition of Y chromosome
Y chromosome: The sex chromosome found together with an X chromosome in most normal males. Once thought to be a genetic wasteland, the Y now is known to contain at least 20 genes, some of them unique to the Y including the male-determining gene and male fitness genes that are active only in the testis and are thought responsible for the formation of sperm. Other genes on the Y have counterparts on the X chromosome, are active in many body tissues and play crucial "housekeeping" roles with the cell.
A number of specific genes have been Y-linked including:
* ASMTY (which stands for acetylserotonin methyltransferase),
* TSPY (testis-specific protein),
* IL3RAY (interleukin-3 receptor),
* SRY (sex-determining region),
* TDF (testis determining factor),
* ZFY (zinc finger protein), PRKY (protein kinase, Y-linked),
* AMGL (amelogenin),
* CSF2RY (granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor, alpha subunit on the Y chromosome),
* ANT3Y (adenine nucleotide translocator-3 on the Y),
* AZF2 (azoospermia factor 2),
* BPY2 (basic protein on the Y chromosome),
* AZF1 (azoospermia factor 1),
* DAZ (deleted in azoospermia),
* RBM1 (RNA binding motif protein, Y chromosome, family 1, member A1),
* RBM2 (RNA binding motif protein 2) and
* UTY (ubiquitously transcribed TPR gene on Y chromosome).
The Y is a useful chromosome for tracking men because it is transmitted unchanged from father to son. The Y escapes the intergenerational shuffle (recombination) that affects genes on the X chromosome and the remainder of the genome. All men have essentially the same Y chromosome. It is thought that in our small ancestral population some men had no children or only daughters, so that some Y chromosomes disappeared until only one was left. This ubiquitous Y has the same DNA in every man on earth except for the mutation that crops up every millenium and is then inherited by all males descended from that man.
And finally one more quote
His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. 19Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
======Now we begin the story===
As always, I want to state that a topic like this can be taken to be controversial, blasphemous, a slur, whatever. That is not my intent here. I am specifically asking my readers to consider the consequences of what they believe to be true.
I am not saying it is true or not true, I am saying "What if", then exploring the results of that conclusion. My position here is what are the facts that surround such a conclusion.
So let's start with the title "Jesus is a chimera". In order to understand such a simple 4 word sentence, means you have to understand a little science.
Most of the time you see science and the bible, someone is trying to use science to disprove the bible. I am taking the reverse position.
I am saying let's go with the idea of virgin and "what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit". Those are the facts at hand.
* Virgin explicitly means that she did not have "sexual intercourse".
* Males have an X and Y chromosome
* Females have 2 X chromosomes, and do not have a Y
* A Y chromosome comes specifically from the male
* the Y chromosome has special traits and is not a broken or modified X
* Jesus is a Male, therefor Jesus has an X and Y chromosome
* Mary contributed an X chromosome
* Joseph did not contribute the Y chromosome (explicitly stated in above story)
* Mary needed other genetic material to make an human male child
* Other genetic material was provided by "the Holy Spirit"
* "the Holy Spirit" is not human
* Matthew 1:18-20, explicitly omits Holy Spirit getting "fatherly" material from another human
* "Holy Spirit" has to use non-human origin material to fashion the Y chromosome
* The Y material source did not come from a human
* The Y material source did not have a mother (does not come from female)
* The Y material was never born as a human before Matthew 1:18-20
* The Y material was never born
* The Y material was never in a placenta
* The Y material never had a belly button
* Humans are only on earth (bible does not state them living on other planets)
* Bible does not state humans are born anywhere but earth, so humans are born on earth.
* (repeat) Y material was never born/born as a human/never lived
* Y material is not from a living human
* Y material was not extracted from a human, living or deceased
* Y material has non-human origins
* Jesus was male, so he had X and Y
* Jesus existed
* The Y material existed
* the Y material did not come from a human
* Y material could have been engineered, fabricated, extracted from other creatures, regardless not from a human
* Jesus was offspring of a human and non-human source
* Holy Spirit is not from earth but from the heavens
* The heavens are home to non-earthly beings
* A non-earthly beings are not from earth
* Non-earthly beings are visitors to earth
* Non-earthly beings have a home not on earth
* Holy Spirit and God are not from earth but from heavens
* Holy Spirit was visitor to Earth and Mary
* Non-earthly beings are called aliens to human civilization
* a bacteria on a comet would be considered to be alien bacteria on earth
* Alien does not imply little green or gray men
* Alien indicates not of earthly origin
* Y chromosome is from alien origin, or engineered by/from alien origin
Back to the earlier definition
Chimera = An organism, organ, or part consisting of two or more tissues of different genetic composition, produced as a result of organ transplant, grafting, or genetic engineering.
My original title "Jesus is a chimera".
I think that is wonderful. Let's all embrace this alien-human hybrid.
We have to remember why the alien-hybrid came here. Just read his own words.
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" (Matthew 10:34-36 NASB)
"if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" (Luke 22:35-38, NIV)
Just wanted to help folks remember the facts of the bible and some of the science behind those facts.
Looking forward to your thoughts...